We negotiated into the late night Wednesday and Thursday but have yet to reach agreement with the governor’s office on a new contract.
Another bargaining session is being scheduled.
We must continue to fight for a strong contract with fair pay, affordable health care and respect.
That’s why we need to keep calls coming into the governor’s office.
They’ve been flooded with hundreds of phone calls. But it will apparently take hundreds and perhaps thousands more of our phone calls for our message to finally sink in.
TAKE ACTION AGAIN TODAY
CALL Governor Inslee: 1-360-902-4111
Office hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Phone Message: Hi, my name is (NAME) & I want to leave a message for the governor. Please tell him to stop the revolving door of state employment. Invest in public employees by supporting real raises and no increases in health care costs so we can afford to answer the call to public service.
ALSO – SEND EMAIL to Governor Inslee:
If you’ve already sent email – please send it again.
Finally, CONTRACT RATIFICATION PREPARATIONS
Don’t miss a thing as we enter the next phase of negotiations. Stay tuned to contract negotiations. Go to WFSE.org/neverquit/ to select your bargaining team to find information specific to your contract and our Ratification FAQ.
Opt-in to Contract Ratification Text Message Alerts
- Text GG to 237263 for General Government alerts
- Text CCC to 237263 for Community College Coalition alerts
- Text UofWA to 237263 for University of Washington alerts
- Text NEWS to 237263 for union news, bulletins and action alerts.
GENERAL GOVERNMENT BARGAINING TEAM
- Bill Copland, Local 1253, Department of Corrections, Kennewick
- Ginger Bernethy, Local 443, Employment Security Department, Olympia
- Children’s Administration – Romy Garcia, Local 843, Seattle
- Division of Child Support – Steve Fossum, Local 443, Olympia
- Home and Community Services – Cynthia English, Local 53, Tacoma
- At-Large – Bill Youngman, Local 843, Seattle (DVA)
- State Hospitals – Rick Hertzog, Local 793, Western State Hospital, Lakewood
- Juvenile Justice and Rehabilitation/Special Commitment Center – Gabe Hall, Local 862, Green Hill School, Chehalis
- Veterans Affairs – Lyn Hofland, Local 482, Washington Veterans Home, Retsil
- Developmental Disabilities Administration-CMO/Residential Habilitation Centers – David Greenman, Local 341, Fircrest School, Shoreline, and Julianne Moore, Local 1326, Yakima Valley School, Selah
Labor & Industries:
- Imelda Ang, Local 443, L&I, Tumwater
- DeFrance Clarke, Local 443, L&I, Tumwater
- Wendy Conway, Local 443, Office of Insurance Commissioner, Tumwater
- Sarah Decker, Local 1225, Center for Childhood Deafness and Hearing Loss, Vancouver
- Heather Pyles, Local 313, Washington State Patrol Crime Lab, Vancouver
- Patricia “Pat” Bailey, Local 872, Ecology, Lacey
- Kerry Graber, Local 872, Ecology, Lacey
- Ken Fisher, Local 504, DOT, Spokane
- Kate Rogers, Local 1060, DOT, Greenbank
Elected WFSE/AFSCME officers from General Government:
- President – Sue Henricksen, Local 53, DD Field Services, Tacoma
- Vice President – Judy Kuschel, Local 313, Community Corrections, Vancouver
- Treasurer – Don Hall, Local 1466, Parks, Wenatchee Confluence State Park