TENTATIVE AGREEMENT SUMMARY
- Article 2 – Added new language to mirror change in federal law to include service animals.
- Article 4 – Housekeeping on how/where openings are posted and filed. Change in custodial assignments in that employees can be moved to a vacant position to deal with documented performance issues.
- Article 6 – Added language that if an evaluation is not done the employees performance is deemed satisfactory.
- Article 7 – Housekeeping to define home phone calls to include all electronic communications.
- Article 8 – Small addition to comp time scheduling by the employer.
- Article 11 – GG negotiated a better schedule of accrual and once the WACs change it will apply to CWU. Years 1-2 earn 112 hours annually, year 3-120, year 4-128, years 5-6 136, years 7-9 144, years 10-14 160, years 15-19 176, years 20-24 192, years 25 and beyond 200.
- Article 12 – Language that limits the employer asking for medical verification.
- Article 13 Other Mandates – Combines Articles 13, 14, 20, 32, 45 all stayed the same but were all placed in one article titled “Other Mandates”
- Article 18 – Increased personal leave day from 1 to 2.
- Article 22 – specific language to not allow marijuana possession.
- Article 25 – Added language that the employer will pay for the physical for a CDL once every 2 years.
- Article 30 – Added language to limit the number of grievants attending a hearing to 3 from the same work group.
- Article 34 – Added language that an interactive process will be used.
- Article 39 – Clarified language regarding posting the seniority list.
- Article 43 – COLA of 2% on 7/1/17, another 2% on 7/1/18 and another 2% on 1/1/19, total of 6% over the 2 year contract. Language that allows that call back penalty hours may be converted to comp time. $30,000 to be divided equally amongst the members (approx. $180 each). Added language that allows for special pay provisions to be allowed.
- Article 44 – Maintained current rates
- Appendix B – Added lead abatement to be included with asbestos pay.
FULL TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
Click to view/download/print