Negotiation of the 2017-2019 Tentative Agreement (TA) for the WFSE/AFSCME University of Washington Police Management (UWPM) bargaining unit concluded on 9/12/16.
TENTATIVE AGREEMENT SUMMARY
Major goals achieved:
- “Me too” language with the Coalition Bargaining Team SEIU 925 and WFSE for paid vacation increases.
- Stronger language requiring management to respond within 14 days of receipt of a leave request, update the submitter every 7 days, and provide a final decision within 30 days.
- Created a distinction between holidays and personal holidays. Personal holidays will be for all hours scheduled and will not require additional leave for personnel on alternative work-week schedules.
- Holiday pay was for all hours scheduled. In exchange for additional 1.5% supervisory differential, Holiday pay will now be compensated at 8 hours at time and one half.
- Increased the plain clothing allowance from 300.00 to 500.00
- Imposed stronger language around schedule changes requiring 7 days written notice and a justification for schedule changes.
- Gained overtime for Lieutenants, recharge pay for football at double time, and time one half for all other events.
- Increased the supervisory differential from 15% to 16.5%. That means Sergeants will make 16.5% more then the highest paid Officer and Lieutenants will make 33% higher the highest paid Officer.
- Effective July 1, 2017 8% increase
- Effective July 1, 2018 8% increase
- In order to comply with the supervisory differential all bargaining unit employees will receive an across the board increase no less than that agreed to for the Officers they supervise. In essence, if the Officers get more than 8% in the first year and more than 8% in the second year our members get that increase to their base and the additional 16.5% for Sergeants and 33% for Lieutenants.
- Increased longevity pay by 1% in the 15th year and 1% in the 20th year.
- New language acquiring 100 rounds of ammunition per month for firearms carrying personnel.
- New language acquiring 4 hours of paid range time, either through shift adjustment or overtime, monthly
- New language requiring the Department to provide written notification and justification for denial of selected professional development requests.