Negotiations of the 2017-19 WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY contract concluded on 9/13/16.
TENTATIVE AGREEMENT SUMMARY
- 6% across the board increases over life of the two-year contract: 2% effective 7/1/17, 2% effective 7/1/18 and 2% effective 1/1/19 (see Article 43)
- Maintained healthcare costs, held the line on UMP out-of-pockets costs, and increased wellness benefits for those completing their health assessment (See Article 44)
- Increased vacation leave accruals throughout duration of employment (see Article 11)
- If General Government or PSE receive compensation at a higher level for any job classification than agreed to by WWU and the union, WFSE represented employees will receive the same; this includes implementation of the salary survey results.
Article 11 – Vacation Leave
- Significantly increased vacation leave accruals – the first in 40 years!
Article 21– Uniforms
- Increased boot allowance
Article 43 – Compensation
- 6% increases over life of the two-year contract! (2% 7/1/17, 2% 7/1/18 and 2% 1/1/19)
- Continuation of commitment to pay a $15 minimum [step in range closest to $15 an hour] for non-probationary employees
- A $250.00 signing payment
- Nine range increase for campus police
Article 44 – Health Care Benefit Amount
- Maintained healthcare costs, held the line on UMP out-of-pockets costs, and increased wellness benefits for those completing their health assessment