WHO ARE WE?
WFSE/AFSCME Local 1066 represents over 200 employees at WSU.
Local 1066’s elected bargaining team has been negotiating our 2017-2019 contract. Nominations and elections for the WSU bargaining team concluded last fall, and since then our representative bargaining team has been hard at work:
- Soliciting contract proposals and survey responses
- Crafting contract proposals from your submissions
In June our team met with management to begin the work of reaching a collective bargaining agreement that reflects our shared values.
During negotiations we will focus on attaining a contract that enables our university to:
- RECRUIT & RETAIN high quality staff by establishing competitive salaries
- ENSURE SAFE, STABLE working conditions
- CREATE A RESPECTFUL & INCLUSIVE workplace for all
MISSION & SHARED VALUES
Our negotiations process will be guided by our mission and shared values.
- To use our collective power to negotiate a contract that strengthens the quality of our working conditions and the services we provide.
- Institutional transparency and accountability
- Professional respect and safety
- Institutional stability